1. New Year’s Eve is the most important celebration in some countries, but this is not true ____ the United States.
A. to B. with C. of D. as
2. One of the firefighters won a(n)____for bravery.
A. award B. reward
C. money D. praise
3. Tom was doing everything he could, trying to ____ the girl's telephone number.
A look for B. find out C. figure out
D. work out
4. Guest must check ____ before noon, or they will be charged a whole day.
A. in B. out C. off D. up
5. In some western countries, a ____ brief is that black cats will bring misfortune to people.